For more than 50 years, Agilent has been the world leader in gas chromatography. After so many decades, many people considered GC to be a mature technology with little room for further innovation. Agilent has just proven them wrong.
Agilent has just introduced the Agilent Intuvo 9000 GC System, a new platform full of transformational innovations.
Gas chromatography is a technique used to analyze unknown compounds. A sample is vaporized, then passed through a tubular column. The now-gaseous compound interacts with chemicals in the column, causing it to separate into its individual components. These components can then be identified, quantified and analyzed.
The new Agilent Intuvo 9000 GC System greatly improves operational efficiency by streamlining the processes for installation, setup, operation and maintenance. Because the technology is easier and smarter, customer labs can achieve higher operator success rates with less training.
“Intuvo” is an intersection of “intelligent,” “intuitive” and “innovative.” The new system includes transformational innovations in heating, flow path and connection technologies.
- Direct heating. Conventional GCs use a convection air bath oven. Intuvo uses direct conductive heating, which uses less than half the power and about half the lab bench footprint.
- Click and run connections. Conventional GCs use ferrules. Intuvo uses advanced direct face seal connections, reducing leaks and unplanned downtime.
- Guard chip and trim-free column. Intuvo uses a simple, disposable guard chip that creates a 10-fold decrease in column installation time. The guard chip also protects the column from contamination and damage, increasing reliability and productivity.
Join the talk on social media: #AgilentIntuvo
Watch a video of Agilent President and CEO Mike McMullen introducing the Agilent 9000 Intuvo GC system here.
For more information go to:
- Agilent Technologies Introduces Transformational Technology for Gas Chromatography
- Chromatography for Your Kids (Agilent Technologies Blog)
- Agilent 101: An Introduction to Bio-Analytical Measurement
- Agilent CEO unveils transformational new Intuvo 9000 GC System (YouTube)
- Agilent Intuvo 9000 GC System